Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DELTAsnake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Australia
At WWDC they made it sound like iMovie for iPhone 4 was the only way to edit and export movies shot on the iPhone 4. Is it possible to export the 720p video to the Mac or do I have to use iMovie for iPhone 4?

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
The 'Photos' app which comes on the phone allows basic editing and exporting of 720p videos.

iMovie allows much more precise editing. It also gives you the ability to add things like titles and music.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
The Photo app only lets you trim the edges of a clip and export out by MMS, EMail, Mobile Me and YouTube (not desktop)

iMovie lets you piece together a series of photos and videos to make a movie, but the same export options as the photos app.

If you want to export full resolution photos and 720p video out from your phone and onto your Mac, I recommend you use the DropBox App and change the settings to allow you to export at the highest quality. Dropbox is free, but you only get 2 gb storage for your account, but you can upgrade to up to (I believe) 50gb storage.

AC202

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Free app called Pixelpipe HD allows you to upload 720p videos and photos directly to YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook/Flickr/Twitter or pretty much any other social networking site you can think of. Really great tool for those who use the iPhone 4 camera a ton.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
You can transfer the videos off the phone by syncing through iPhoto just like regular pics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.