Is installing Win 7 through Boot Camp a simple procedure I can do myself?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by doxavita, Jul 2, 2011.

1. doxavita macrumors 6502a

If I just download the .pdf apple provides for Boot Camp, and carefully follow the instructions, then is installing Windows 7 a procedure I can easily do by myself? Are there any things I should be aware of? I'm about to take the plunge hopping this will be simple, straightforward, easy, etc...

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Quit fretting about it and just do it already. Odds are nothing will go wrong, but in the odd case something does many of us here can help you through it.

Just make sure you have your OS X install discs handy and have a good backup (Time Machine or CCC/SuperDuper) before you proceed. JUST IN CASE.

B

3. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do I know if I need to update my software? Step 1 of that .pdf Apple Provides?

ok, I go to http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp , odds are whatever I have already installed should work?

4. hajime macrumors 68030

I guess it depends on which Mac you are using. I installed it on a 2010 MacBook Pro 17". It was very easy. No problem at all.

5. doxavita, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

it's a 2011 27" iMac, I'll use this thread for any questions I come up with during the process...

EDIT: It's all done!

6. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

ur worrying too much!! relax take a break and go drink so sugar. and CALM DOWN!! lol
    it will take a while [30-40 minutesish] i've done it on my MBP and all went well!

*i realized that this was posted yesterday so you might be done. congratz! you have successfully installed Windows 7 on your bootcamp partition.

7. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

No more worries! :D I'm done, sorry about that hehe. This was far easier than I thought lol