Is installing Win 8.1 on late 2013 MBPr buggy? Should I wait for 10.9.1?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Snookerman, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Snookerman macrumors 6502

I'm going to install Win 8.1 in Boot Camp on my late 2013 15 inch MBPr and I've looked around in guides and threads about it and it seems that many people are having issues and there are workarounds that are required for it to work. So I'm wondering if there is something wrong with Boot Camp in 10.9 and if it will get fixed in 10.9.1.

I only need Windows for Visual Studio for my course and I can manage a few more weeks with Xamarin Studio so I'd rather wait for a fix than use workarounds to make it work. Thanks!

2. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

I was able to install Windows 8 Pro using the bootcamp utility without an issue. I followed the normal process instructed by bootcamp. The only problem I encountered with no keyboard or mouse. A forced reboot solved that problem.

I actually tried all the other methods first with no success.

My issue was after accessing the partition with Fusion 6. The partition itself worked fine, but other VMs stopped working in Fusion 6. I decided that the partition consumed more space than necessary and no real performance gain for my purposes. Now that I don't want bootcamp, I can't get the Win 8.1 VMs to work.