Is Intel hardware upgrade outpacing the Apple software upgrades

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mac'in'toss'ed, Mar 27, 2008.

1. mac'in'toss'ed macrumors member

HI!
    I just had a thought since a couple of days ago and would like to share with you all.
    Apple is known more for a very stable OS that works great in tandem with the hardware it is on. And that is why I think there are a number of point releases in OSX to fine tune the cross talk behaviour i.e. between the hardware and the software. But now Intel is churning out new processors very quickly with new die signatures (as I understand it). Is that going to effect the nature ( development as a stable OS!!!) of the response of the OSX development in the future???
    Cheers..

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I think what makes Mac OS and apple computers in general so stable is that apple only has to develop for a small set of hardware. Intel releases something new, apple incorporates it and tweaks the OS for it. No big deal. Compare that to windows that is having to support tons of different devices, mother boards, etc. So I don't think the chip sets are the big thing, its that apple has a smaller ecosystem of hardware that it needs to control.Just my 2 cents.