Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Hi all,

In the current iOS 5, Videos -> Shared -> TV Shows is completely broken and it repeats episodes, misses entire shows, etc. Is this fixed in iOS6?

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
I can't seem to get the home sharing to work at all with neither my iPhone 4 nor my iPad (3) running iOS 6 BETA2.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I fixed Home Sharing by tagging Artist and Album Artist as the name of the show and the Album field as Show Name, Season Number.

PITA but it worked.

Not working at all in iOS 6 so far.

pbreit

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2003
It's unbelievably messed up. I'm pretty surprised this made it out the door but Apple seems to have no interest in fixing it. Really bizarre.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
They seem to mess up home sharing every time they release a new version of iOS or iTunes, but it does seem even more broken than usual now!

Incorrect cover art on movies, TV shows in the wrong order, incorrectly labeled, etc, etc - it's completely unusable as it is at the moment.

I've created a web share pointing to my iTunes library and access it through that for now, which at least keeps things in the right order and lets me find stuff

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Yeah, I've done everything I can to get this to work and the shows are totally eff'd up. Wrong art, titles, totally jumbled. I mean, I've got album art showing up in TV shows, and when I try to click through... no response.

Considering the primary reason I have an iPad is to watch my TV show library in bed each night, the reason for my frustration should be clear.

Has anyone found a fix or work-around yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.