Is iOS 7 uglifying your favorite apps?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by LincolnsiPod, Sep 27, 2013.

1. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

I used my Packing app again after it updated for iOS 7, and whereas before, it used to have a pleasant contrast of uniform colors that made it easy to read. Now? Well, you take a look:

[​IMG]

Really with this? Was this the developer's fault in that he could have changed the light blue navigation to a light brown or gray contrast that could be easier to read, or is this something forced by iOS 7?

The icons themselves are also harder to read due to much less depth and the horrid contrast. I've tried setting "increase contrast" but other than removing the "frost" effect it seems to do very little for readability.

2. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Pretty sure the UI design is all up to the developer. That is pretty hideous.

3. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Agreed, UI Designs are picked by the developer when using the interface building tools in XCode. That said, apple usually makes the newest UI look easy for devs to incorporate.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Brown is only ever good in clothes and furnishings.

5. deathr0w macrumors newbie

IMHO, IOS7 sdk cannot be blamed for some developer´s awful taste and design as shown on the pictures attached on the first post. Apple gives the tools and guidelines, is up to the developer-designer to crap an app like that :eek:

6. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

I had that feeling, it's a great app, but I think I'm going to need to email the developer in all caps,

"GOD ALMIGHTY CHANGE THE BLUE TO SOMETHING I CAN READ."

----------

There's a gray theme too, but I found it too bland, lol.

7. deathr0w macrumors newbie

LOL!, you´ll need to do that man, took a second look at that screenshot and it´s definitely hard to look at :(

8. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Wow that is tasteless. Was that made by the Print and Web Marketing teams at Apple?

9. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

What can brown do for you?

10. HarryT macrumors 6502

HarryT

While it is the developers responsibility to update the UI...they may have just been pushing this out to ensure functionality still works and then will spend more time on the design for an update in 2 weeks or something.

iOS 7 can and has broken app functionality so some devs will get a functionality update out and then a design one to make it looks good on iOS 7 and 6.

11. juliainor macrumors member

That is hideous, and entirely on the shoulders of the dev.

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

keeps me light after a big lunch :eek:

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The question is did the developer even participate in the beta program to see how his app would look/perform or did he just wait until the last minute and update it?

14. stevod macrumors member

Hmmm. Not beautiful!

Don't think it's the OS at fault though.

S

15. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

Does seem like a rushed update. I emailed him to let him know about the color clash, so hopefully a future update will fix it.

I really need to follow the principle of waiting a month or so to make a major OS upgrade so I can avoid these headaches. :D

16. musika macrumors 65816

musika

It really depends on the developer and how much effort he/she/they put in.

I personally think this is beautiful:
    [​IMG]