Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which bugs do you experience ?

• App switcher dropping frames every time

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Search bar lag

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Safari, when getting into and out of webpages view

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Scrolling in many apps

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Keyboard (nearly fixed)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

George Waseem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
iOS 9 is actually focused on the performance some of old and some of the new devices, which leaves middle aged devices in a pretty bad condition, starting with the devices, (iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Plus), iPad mini 2, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPad 4. Apple doesn't fix the bugs, I'm one of the users having trouble with the app switcher on my iPad 4 since first beta and I've seen videos of people experiencing the bug most noticeably on iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 1, Apple can fix the bug and I'm sure about it but it's just about how they think. I've seen also search bar lag on iPhone 5, 5C, iPhone 6 Plus "sometimes", all iPads except Air 2 which is also pretty annoying. All I know is Apple could do everything to provide any feature or fix any bug to the latest iPhone or iPad and some other old devices to show people that iOS 9 is pretty cool but not the other iDevices. Some people still think that the device slows down cause the chip is old which kinda became the biggest lie we tell our selves. I've seen a lot of devices my whole life and all i can say is that all chips in all our Apple devices are ok and some are nearly awesome, it's a matter of coding, maybe it's meant and maybe it's not but the proof it's meant is that I've sent over 100 bug reports and I think only 3% of them were fixed during the entire stage of beta testing. The positive part, iOS 9 has fixed some issues iOS 7 and iOS 8 couldn't, the home screen feels great on nearly all devices and some really bad animations now feel fluid and awesome.

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
iOS 9 is actually focused on the performance some of old and some of the new devices, which leaves middle aged devices in a pretty bad condition, starting with the devices, (iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Plus), iPad mini 2, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPad 4. Apple doesn't fix the bugs, I'm one of the users having trouble with the app switcher on my iPad 4 since first beta and I've seen videos of people experiencing the bug most noticeably on iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 1, Apple can fix the bug and I'm sure about it but it's just about how they think. I've seen also search bar lag on iPhone 5, 5C, iPhone 6 Plus "sometimes", all iPads except Air 2 which is also pretty annoying. All I know is Apple could do everything to provide any feature or fix any bug to the latest iPhone or iPad and some other old devices to show people that iOS 9 is pretty cool but not the other iDevices. Some people still think that the device slows down cause the chip is old which kinda became the biggest lie we tell our selves. I've seen a lot of devices my whole life and all i can say is that all chips in all our Apple devices are ok and some are nearly awesome, it's a matter of coding, maybe it's meant and maybe it's not but the proof it's meant is that I've sent over 100 bug reports and I think only 3% of them were fixed during the entire stage of beta testing.
My iPhone 5s has no issue with lag, neither does my iPad 2 or especially my 6s.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS 9 is actually focused on the performance some of old and some of the new devices, which leaves middle aged devices in a pretty bad condition, starting with the devices, (iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Plus), iPad mini 2, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPad 4. Apple doesn't fix the bugs, I'm one of the users having trouble with the app switcher on my iPad 4 since first beta and I've seen videos of people experiencing the bug most noticeably on iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 1, Apple can fix the bug and I'm sure about it but it's just about how they think. I've seen also search bar lag on iPhone 5, 5C, iPhone 6 Plus "sometimes", all iPads except Air 2 which is also pretty annoying. All I know is Apple could do everything to provide any feature or fix any bug to the latest iPhone or iPad and some other old devices to show people that iOS 9 is pretty cool but not the other iDevices. Some people still think that the device slows down cause the chip is old which kinda became the biggest lie we tell our selves. I've seen a lot of devices my whole life and all i can say is that all chips in all our Apple devices are ok and some are nearly awesome, it's a matter of coding, maybe it's meant and maybe it's not but the proof it's meant is that I've sent over 100 bug reports and I think only 3% of them were fixed during the entire stage of beta testing.
So...the topic is if iOS 9 is good or bad, but the poll is about which issues you experience, without any option for not experiencing issues. So, how could anything related to the "good" part be presented with all that?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
The only bug that I've noticed on my 6s is a status bar delay when unlocking with Touch ID after the phone has been sitting for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.