IS IOS10 WORTH IT (vs IOS9) ???

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Retromac2008, Mar 2, 2017.

?

IS IOS10 WORTH IT (vs IOS9) ???

1. YES

73.1%
  2. NO, i ll explain why

26.9%
  1. Retromac2008 macrumors regular

Retromac2008

Are the new features useful?
    Performance ?

2. SSAJ macrumors 6502

Yeah they are worth the upgrade the only thing you are losing is the the sort by app feature in the notification centre and its a bit slow not by much by it is bit slow compared to ios9

3. miragebg macrumors 6502a

A bit slow on which device? Because here on 6S is noticeable faster!

4. SSAJ macrumors 6502

5. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

No, because of 2 reasons >
    1. No slide to unlock (in ios9, you don't even have to press the home button to open your phone)
    2. Control center in 2 pages (waste of space and time)

6. frank4 macrumors regular

frank4

For me iOS 10 has 2 minor positive points and 2 bigger negatives. I know it has some extra abilities compared to 9, but I don't use that stuff.

positive: better event notifications in Safari (before they were visible for about 1/10 second)
    positive: desktop redrawing seems faster
    negative: they killed "slide to unlock" which is the best unlock method for devices without Touch ID
    negative: Control Center on 2 panels is a nuisance

They need to bring back "slide to unlock", at least as an option. I guess everyone working at Apple has a new device with Touch ID so they don't notice the new unlock method is awkward for people with older devices like my iPad Air.

7. neliason macrumors 6502

I have a 5C I use as an iPod. I was hesitant to upgrade it because I was worried about performance. For me I found iOS 10 actually performed as good if not better. I was surprised.

I don't like the slide to unlock on the 5C or my iPad Air since it doesn't have touch ID. I actually like the 2 panel control center now that I'm used to it. I like the notification system better again now that I'm used to it.

Overall I like the changes but nothing is that much better that it is an essential update.

8. souko macrumors regular

For me iOS 10 has more negatives than positives.

Positive: It is quickier to end app. (Don't have to wait for the end of animation)
    Positive: Animations are more fluid.

Negative: There is no option for notifications sort by app
    Negative: Control center has two pages
    Negative: Design of new notifications. I don't like it. I think iOS 9 notifications were much nicer. The same for widgets.
    Negative: No slide to unlock. I like it even on Touch ID devices, when I have wet finger. And really liked slide to unlock for an alarm. I could end an alarm by slide or delay by button on the screen. Now, there are two buttons. And when I wake up I never know which is which.