Is iOS4 killing your iPhone 3G speed and battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by woody74, Jun 25, 2010.

1. woody74 macrumors member

Is any one else finding that iOS4 is really slowing their iPhone 3G and also killing the battery really quickly?

2. rotlex macrumors 6502a

My 3G has definitely slowed down in all operations. Battery life has also suffered. I used to get a full days charge out of it, now, by say 5pm, I'm getting the 20% remaining warnings. This almost never happened after an average days usage for me.

The speed is not horrible, but definitely more laggy than before. I'm seriously thinking of rolling back to the previous OS before I give it to my wife. (Getting an iPhone 4 as soon as more readily available).

3. bigaudiofanatic macrumors regular

I do not have a iphone but i have a ipod touch. Use to get 3 days of play time in the car with it now I am down to a day. Yes it is killing the battery life.

4. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

yup...it was. I downgraded it back to 3.1.3....

5. tekksan macrumors regular

How did you do this?

6. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

Huh? I got better battery life with mine...Usually got about 5 1/2 hrs usage.. with 4.0 I was getting 6 hrs +.. it did slow my phone down some in certain areas.. but made it faster in some as well. I like os4.0 when I had it..

7. vijayvasa macrumors member

Honestly am not impressed with this crap of multitasking. Hope someone can help me how to revert it back to 3.1 iphone series ? Any experienced users can tell me how I can revert back to old firmware please ?

vj

8. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

thankfully...it was dead simple (no thanks to Apple though since they don't sign the 3.1.3 firmware anymore.)

I found the instructions to downgrade here

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3G 16GB and this process worked fine...

9. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I upgraded my 3G to iOS4 yesterday and I haven't noticed any slowdown or battery problems. Everything seems as smooth as was before the upgrade.

10. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

There is some slowness on some apps (not all of them) and also when accessing a pass-code protected app. The battery life is pretty bad if you use it to check/fetch mail and normal web surfing and the worst is accessing the app store and downloading an update, it takes forever to install.

11. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

I tried to pull ome of these but she said,"ur getting me the new one this time.". Lol

She used to be so happy with her nokia:D

12. King Luis macrumors 6502

mine was slow the first day i had ios4, but now it seems to be back to normal (maybe a little slower) and battery hasn't been effected too much.