Is iOS9's latest beta killing battery life?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Michael CM1, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

A couple of days ago I noticed that my watch's battery life has fallen off a cliff. Before almost every day I would put it on the charger with 25 percent or more battery left. Now for the past couple of days it has gotten below 10 percent in the same usage time. I didn't notice any change in the first iOS 9 beta release, but I upgraded to the second one recently and it has all happened since that.

I even turned off Hey Siri to conserve battery, which isn't a big deal since I was annoyed with having to say "Hey Siri" twice to get it to work. But it still seems to have a couple hours less battery life. Anybody else noticed this recently? I've been going the same places and doing the same things, so it's not like I all of a sudden started running three miles a day and it's using the heart rate monitor much more.

2. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It may not necessarily be due to the iOS 9 beta. Some members have reported seeing this with the current software, but rebooting usually fixes this.

4. Michael CM1 thread starter macrumors 603

I get that it's beta. I just hadn't noticed any problems before about a week ago, then j started losing hours a day.

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I'm on beta 4, and the battery life has been superb on both my iPhone and watch. Reboot or reinstall.

6. jmikhail490 macrumors regular

jmikhail490

Same here beta 4 on iPhone and both watch and iPhone battery have been great. Better than iOS 8 for me

7. Michael CM1 thread starter macrumors 603

I'm using the public beta so I'm just on the second one. I rebooted overnight so I'll see how that goes.

8. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

No.