Is Ipad 3 already Soldout Worldwide?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by IpadMania, Mar 15, 2012.

1. IpadMania macrumors regular

What is the deal with international inventory? Did big lines hit up retailers all over the place and eat all the inventory or is it just sitting on shelves as we speak?

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Nope. They are readily available. Just walk into your local electronic store and pick up whichever model you would like.

3. bawbac macrumors 65816

bawbac

Correct.
    The "out of stock/sold out" is just a tactic used to create false urgency to sort of cause those on the fence to buy an iPad.

4. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

So all major retailers in foreign lands that already had ipad 3 releases are sitting on lots of inventory?

5. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

This is correct. Countries like singapore, which had their release already, have tons of iPads of every model on the shelves currently.

6. bawbac macrumors 65816

bawbac

Most of your large retailers will have ample stock.
    Apple will list long lead times for an iPad order so you will go to a retailer.

7. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

How you know this?

8. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

And you know this how?

9. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

10. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

There will be shortages. I think they (Apple) are getting better at the number of units they pre-produce prior to the announcement and shipment but somehow there are always more people who want one than those that will have one on launch day. Just for fun, call a retailer tomorrow around lunch and ask for one. I doubt you'll find one.

11. bawbac macrumors 65816

bawbac

Best Buy has had ample stock of iPads for both the iPad and iPad2 launch.
    They usually will run out of the 16gb wifi model but other models are always in stock. Then less than a week, they usually get another shipment.

I assume overseas, they have a large retailer that has sales throughput like Best Buy that we're provided ample stock.

I never look or depend on what the apple website says when it comes to local B&M stock.

12. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

Just looking for international posters to chime in with updates from around the world.

13. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

My two local BB's were sold out by lunch on the iPad 2 launch.

14. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

No, I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. I preordered last year, and while I waited, I tried lines at best buy and apple stores, even Walmart and target. I can tell you that every day for the first weeks, there was only a handful (literally) of stock. They'd make a line, and if you weren't 1st-5th, your chances were slim.

And they wouldn't be able to predict which models that handful included. It will not be as easy as just waltzing into a store tomorrow at 9 am and walking out with an iPad.

Preorder and if you are willing to get to lines early, you might be able to get lucky. But don't get your hopes up.

Plus, most of us can't simply call off of work to hang out in a camping line.

15. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Maybe where you live but that definitely was not the case in metro D.C. Every single Best Buy in the region (DC/MD/VA was sold out w/i hours of launch and had spotty inventory after that for a couple months.

16. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Our Best Buy ... No. Calif ... didn't receive more than a few iPad 2's a week for months, well into June.

17. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S (64GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Went to two large retailers this morning (think Best Buy) and neither had 64GB models in stock in either wifi or 4G.

18. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Stopped by a third retailer (big chain, again like Best Buy) and they had only 16 and 32GB in stock. The guy said they were out of 64GB from the start, due to preorders/reservations. Three weeks now, if you make a reservation today.

19. Earsly macrumors newbie

Was at best buy in Henderson, NV at closing time. They had a a sign that they would give out pre-tickets for the Ipad 2 hours before they open. However, there was no one in line.

20. bawbac macrumors 65816

bawbac

Hum...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1342237

21. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S (64GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Must be nice. :mad:

Three large retailers and all any of them had were 16 and 32GB models. No 64s anywhere, in either wifi or 4G.