Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colben

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Hi guys,
I wanted to know if the iPad 3g is really more heavier than the wifi only version.
I mean it's only 50 grs (right ?!) but do you guys feel it when in use.
no shops in my city got the 3g version so it s hard for me to judge ;)
Any advice welcome

Thanks

Matty-p

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Hi guys,
I wanted to know if the iPad 3g is really more heavier than the wifi only version.
Any advice welcome

Thanks
i cant really feel the difference between my wifi and my dads 3g . if it is a problem get a myfi and put it in a pocket

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I have one of each, there is no discernible difference in weight.

If the weight of this device bothers you, then you have serious health problems, unless of course your under 5 years of age.

forceofnature

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2010
50 grams is about the weight of a pen. Yes someone needs to workout if the weight is that noticeable.

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000
Hi guys,
Any advice welcome

Thanks

Just curious. Before you hit the: "Submit Reply" button, did you really think about the question you were asking or where you just bored and wanted to have a quick conversation with a few Internet strangers? Surely you had have thought about this before you decided to start this thread. Anyway, how are you doing?

Colben

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for the answers...
I expected these kind of remarks. But like some of us, I was surprised by the weight of the iPad. Of course it's a sexy/luxury item, but still I was surprised.(long time use ?)
Anyway, @ Sapporobaby: Some users over the web felt a difference between the 2 models some others don't. If my purpose was only to have a quick conversation with some internet strangers (which it wasn't ;)) it worked because you were here :)

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000
Thanks for the answers...
I expected these kind of remarks. But like some of us, I was surprised by the weight of the iPad. Of course it's an incredible item for what it does, but still I was surprised.(long time use ?)
Anyway, @ Sapporobaby: Some users over the web felt a difference between the 2 models some others don't. If my purpose was only to have a quick conversation with some internet strangers (which it wasn't ;)) it worked because you were here :)

Any time. Enjoy and stop by again dude. Either way, there is no difference that I can feel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.