Is iPad recording us?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iRaynor SK, Apr 27, 2016.

1. iRaynor SK macrumors regular

iRaynor SK

I downloaded app for iPhone on iPad, EXIF Photo Viewer by Takahiro Ishihara. I run it, then I switched to multitasking by pressing 2x Home Button and I saw this: (attached file).

I scanned iTunes gift card before 2 weeks and this photo just appears now. What is this???

No jailbreak, iOS 9.3.1, iPad Pro 12.9inch

Attached Files:

2. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

"App Store > Scan Card"

I can already assume it's just a feature the App Store uses to make entering credit card numbers easier, by taking a picture of the card and analyzing the numbers on the face. You probably accidentally hit the scan button somehow.

If you're truely paranoid about your camera, though, you could easily just put tape over the camera...

3. iRaynor SK thread starter macrumors regular

iRaynor SK

But that photo was taken at day in our living room, Im now in bedroom and here is night (Slovakia). I dont even have my glasses. So it looks strange.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 27, 2016 ---
    I took this screenshot before 15 minutes.

4. Wackery macrumors 6502a

If Apple is wiling to fight the FBI for your privacy, I doubt they would invaded your privacy by taking pictures of your living room. The scan card feature on the Apple Store add was just still running because iPad Pro was able to keep the app running in memory

5. iRaynor SK thread starter macrumors regular

iRaynor SK

When I run that exif app, it shows my photo in multitasking, like on screenshot. When I force quit that app, and I multitask again, I see regular App Store.