iPhone 11 Is IPhone 11 an upgrade from the X?

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2009
Currently have an IPhone X a couple years old and a little banged up. Is the IPhone 11 an upgrade compared to the X, or would you need to get the 11 Pro too see improvements in any way?

BluefinTuna

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2019
It depends on what improvements you are looking for. If camera and battery are your main concern, then the iPhone 11 will be an upgrade. If you want OLED and a smaller size then the 2019 Xr is not an upgrade. I have an iPhone X that is only a few months old. So I won’t be upgrading until 2020.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2009
Camera and battery are important. As for the screen I just want what works. OLED on X is good except for when dimming in lower light then am not happy with it. If IPhone 11 is a good screen of similar fine with me. I don’t need OLED for the sake of it. Only if a functional benefit.

JPH675

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2016
I actually went from an iPhone X to the iPhone 11. Preliminarily, I really like this phone coming from the X. The LCD screen is a non-issue for me, it looks great. Better battery life, larger screen, larger display, faster, better Face ID, better keyboard, & better camera. Had iPhones: 4s, 5, 5s, 6+, 6s+, 7+ and X; liked the X the least [Face ID--which the Xs did not fix] and the jet black 7+ the most. To me, the iPhone 11 is what the iPhone X should have been, and Apple got back on track with their iPhones. Very happy and for the price I paid, I might be back on track for yearly upgrades