Is iPhone 4s ok?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BigMcGuire, Mar 10, 2012.

1. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I purchased a Griffin USB car charger awhile ago and recently it hasn't been working too well. http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Power...9U8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331403691&sr=8-1 is the car charger.

This morning I plugged it in and noticed it wasn't charging my phone so I moved the charger a bit only to notice my iPhone buzzing non-stop (vibrate). So I pick up my phone and it is not responding (on lock screen) continuing to vibrate non stop while the screen slowly goes black from left to right in a grainy fashion till the entire screen is black. Of course I unplug the charger as quick as possible. (Buzzing stops once screen went black).

I couldn't start up the iPhone for a good 5 minutes until finally the silver apple appeared (with no loading bar). It stayed there for another few minutes till I held the Power Button and the Home Button down for 30 seconds - then it took a very long time to load up. (whole process 10 minutes).

Needless to say, everything seems to be working fine but - has this happened to any of you? Is my iPhone ok? Maybe I shouldn't use that car charger anymore?

Thanks.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'd replace the cable and charger. Also check your dock port for dust or debris.