is iPhone 5 worth to buy now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nonmonster, Nov 18, 2013.

1. nonmonster macrumors newbie

Since new models 5s/5c are out, is 5 worth to buy? :confused:

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I think so. I bought an iPhone 5 earlier tonight for my daughter. It's basically the same as the 5c and for the price is a good deal. It's still a very fast phone. The one I got had 10 months left on the warranty and was in brand new shape for $350. In Houston, the 5 and 5c go for the same price on craigslist.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I love these types of threads.... what exactly do you want to hear?

If YOU think it's worth it then it is, if you don't then it's not. If you have specific questions comparing the two then sure, random strangers on the interwebs can help you. Simply asking is x worth it is a bit silly as you'll get a different answer from every one for different reasons. It's your money get what you want. IF you have specific questions ask those.

4. nonmonster thread starter macrumors newbie

All I want is suggestion tho the decision is made up by myself alone.

5. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

It's up to you to decide. Last January I bought a 4S even though I could have bought a 5 for $99 more, just didn't think the 5 was a good upgrade from the 4S.

Only you can decide. I now own a 5S and still have my 4S.

7. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Yes. If you like that design. The 5/5s design does nothing for me so I'm happy apple released the 5c. Had they not I would've stayed on the 4s. That said the iPhone 5 is a very good phone. Had Apple not went a different direction it would still be the middle tier. Obviously I'm glad they went in a new direction, but the phone is still good.

8. rockitdog Suspended

No way, why wouldn't anyone buy a phone that is over a year old? Gross, I mean, who does that??? :rolleyes:

***SARCASM***

9. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Hey everyone that bought the 5C basically did it......I would still take a 5 over the plastic 5C.

10. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

No way! It's is not worth to buy.

Wait, it kinda is, I mean if you think about it, it's a totally great time to worth to buy.

No, it's not, I have thunk about it, not worth to buy at all.

Well.....

11. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Then clarify where you draw the line. We can't tell you if it's worth it to you or not. You need to tell us what would or wouldn't make it worth it to you. Again, worth is always highly subjective. You can't just randomly poll people to determine if something is worth it to you or not.

12. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

He already did.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

14. aiom macrumors member

Buying a used phone can be a nightmare. I got a 5c from ebay. It looked spotless online and offline. But it as a bad IMEI. Not mentioned on Ebay. Luckily, I was able to return it. Buying on craigslist doesn't give you the same protection.

I would buy from a real retailer (carrier, apple). Or get a brand new cheap Android. If you get a used iphone, the imei could turn bad on you in a few months, leaving you out $300 and no phone.

15. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

I picked up one in october, it benchmarks slightly faster than the 5c and everyone thinks its the new one anyway. I got a great deal and its supers fast and the battery is much better than my 4s....

16. Davejprince macrumors regular

Depends on the price, I wouldn't pay more than 450 bucks for last years model ( new ) or 350 for a second hand unit.