is iPhone 7 actually anti- moisture?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bj097, Jan 5, 2017.

1. bj097 macrumors member

I am thinking if I should get a iPhone 6 plus or 7 plus

in fact 6plus is far enough for me because I don't play games or even watch videos

However, the feature in iPhone 7 that attracts me is anti-moisture

what does that mean? I don't think it will still survive if I drop the iPhone 7 into water

does it only mean it will work under rainy day

in that case, I've used my current iPhone 4S many times in the rain but never have any issue.

Any advice

tHanks

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The m iPhone 7 is rated IP67X water resistance. It can get wet to a degree, however submerging in water or having it constantly saturated in water would not be something I would try.

3. bj097 thread starter macrumors member

Hi, any degree of water-resistance of iPhone 6/6+?

Needless to consider dropping into water,but I will want to use the phone in the rainy day without condom to the phone, will iPhone 6/6+ survive??

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Nothing official or even unofficial really. There are some anecdotal stories about the iPhone 6s/6s+ being able to withstand liquid exposure a bit more than the models that came before it, but not really much as far as 6/6+ go.

5. 89007132 macrumors member

Personally I don't recommend the 6+ phone. Go for the 6s+ or the 7+. I would even recommend the 5s over the 6+

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

There is no ratings qualified for the 6/6 Plus. I would not subject either device to water if you plan on using it regularly.

7. wezzel98765 macrumors newbie

The 6S and 6S plus have an adhesive gasket around the entire edge of the LCD assembly joining input to the frame and each connector inside has a rubber gasket around it p, but offering SOME waterproofing, but I certainly wouldn't rely on that.

Officially, the IP rating the iphone 7 has means that it can be submerged in standing water up to one meter for up to 30 minutes, but apple only say it's water resistant to cover their backsides