Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mandeep148

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
hi guys,
first time i am going to buy apple product, Iphone 5s,but i am not first time got dead/stuck Pixel on many phones, i just hate this thing, thats why amoled is my fav. screen, never got issue..
i heared from many apple boys, they said stuck pixel issue are common,
is that true?
i really hate this thing, stuck pixels are my biggest enemy in this world.. which always steal my sleep..
so should i buy iphone, if there is no chance of stuck pixel?
or go other place?
thanks in advance.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
hi guys,
first time i am going to buy apple product, Iphone 5s,but i am not first time got dead/stuck Pixel on many phones, i just hate this thing, thats why amoled is my fav. screen, never got issue..
is that true?
i really hate this thing, stuck pixels are my biggest enemy in this world.. which always steal my sleep..
or go other place?
thanks in advance.

No matter what LCD or who its made by, there is always a chance of stuck pixels. It could be an AMOLED display, it happens to all LCDs. Its a common issue.

Now, in my 5 years of using iOS devices, I only had one device that had stuck pixels; an iPod touch 4th Gen. Otherwise, I have never run into another issue with stuck pixels on iOS.

If you get a device with them, you can always change or get a refund for said device if you like. Considering though how small the pixels are on modern displays, I think its going to be harder to see then on an older MacBook or iPhone.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
hi guys,
is that true?
or go other place?
thanks in advance.

It's very rare, don't worry. Go buy an iPhone and enjoy it.

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
hi guys,
is that true?
or go other place?
thanks in advance.

I can only speak for myself but i have never had a pixel issue with any of the 4 iphones i have owned so don't let it steal any more your sleep and go get yourself that 5s

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
The iPhone 6 has a display of 326 ppi and the iPhone 6 Plus has 401 ppi (ppi = pixels per square inch).

with a pixel density that small, you can have multiple dead pixels and never even know (your eye will never see them.

Mandeep148

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
thanx to all for answer :)
i know it have higher pixel density, yes stuck pixel not much noticeable,
but we are spending hard earned cash, that would not feel better if Dead/stuck pixel come in Expensive Device especially luxury as apple,
yes apple can refund me if i got,
but i am a bussiness man, i have only time to sleep at night and Sunday lol,
i dont want that i go service center everyday and wait to get replace, and after it again dead pixel :p so, i hope you understanding,
any other easy way? :)

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
I haven't had broken pixels on any device in over 10 years. If you keep getting them, then you'll get them this time too :p

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Yes there will be a percentage of phones that have this issue and other issues. Apple have set aside 4% of their stock minimum to quickly replace these on day one. Power up your phone and check it if you're concerned, then show it to an Apple rep, he'll take care of the rest.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
thanx to all for answer :)
i know it have higher pixel density, yes stuck pixel not much noticeable,
but we are spending hard earned cash, that would not feel better if Dead/stuck pixel come in Expensive Device especially luxury as apple,
yes apple can refund me if i got,
but i am a bussiness man, i have only time to sleep at night and Sunday lol,
i dont want that i go service center everyday and wait to get replace, and after it again dead pixel :p so, i hope you understanding,
any other easy way? :)

What do you mean "any other easy way".

You will have to take a chance like anyone else.

I am a business man too but could find time to replace a defective phone. Get one and if it is defective use it for a while and then return for another. No device is absolutely perfect, not even an Apple device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.