Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Recorded lots of footage in 4K 30p and 1080p HEVC and have approx 5-6 pixelated glitches when the 10 minute project is exported. Have tried every combination of deleting render files, optimising media, re-exporting, with inconsistent results and no actual clean export. I read somewhere that I should have shot in ‘most compatible’ mode. Not much I can do about that now but, if this is true, why does Apple not warn users that it means compatibility with an Apple product!

Reactions: ruslan120

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
I get the same glitches. Is HEVC to blame? (Asking to make sure because I’ve been filming and editing just fine). I thought it was a bug with the newer Final Cut.
[automerge]1583498155[/automerge]
0:57

:(

ASMR: Brand New iMac and RAM Upgrade (Tutorial Coming Soon!)

Filmed in July, updated to the latest FCP in January and immediately started getting glitches

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
First question: What version of OS and hardware?

But, I regularly import C100 footage (AVCHD), apply some corrections and effects, and get pixelated surprises. After no small amount of digging, I can verify that the source is good, and the import is good. It's FCPX that is injecting it. And, often not at first. So I duplicate the project every so often.
- It hasn't happened to Sony a6000 (AVCHD) and GH5 (.mov and mp4) clips
- What seems to help is immediately re-exporting the raw clips before starting to work with it.

This has happened on a cMP/10.14.6/RX580 (and the GT120 before that) and late-2013 15-MBP.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2003
UK
MacOS Mojave on 2016 MBP + iPhone Xs latest iOS.

My 10th attempt led to a glitch-free render. It was about getting the right combination of deleting and recreating render files and optimised media. Annoying and very unlike Apple/FCPX, which has been incredible at handling any sort of media until now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.