Is iPhone Pre-Order guys needs to wait on Queue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by srionemanarmy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. srionemanarmy macrumors newbie

Hello,

Sorry for my dumb question! I'm little bit exited to get my first iPhone. On June 15, I'm able to preorder iPhone 4 (store picup option). They gave me time slot at 7:00AM on June 24. Do I need to wait on Queue to get my iPhone at the store? Is iPhone is available for first come first server basis even for Preorder guys?

Thanks.

2. MFalcetano macrumors newbie

From what I recall from the 3GS launch, there will be two lines, one for pre-orders, one for normal purchases. It is, as a recall, technically first-come-first-served, but I would think that they would have enough in stock to satisfy reservations. I've always chosen delivery just to err on the side of caution.

3. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

For 25th and on ..

For those following days, can we buy online and pick up at store?? Or is it only first come first serve after 24th?

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Yes, reservations are for release day only.

5. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Even though you reserved, it does not guarantee you an iPhone. The store opens at 7:00 a.m., but that is not what time they gave you as an appointment. A lot of people will be there at opening, and even well before. Expect to be waiting for at least an hour.

I have read stories on here about people reserving and showing up late, only to find out that there is not phone for them.

You can order online and have it to delivered to you at anytime. However, the longer you wait to do this, the longer you are waiting to get one. Pre-orders are backed up until the middle of July.

6. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Call your local store, the reservation does hold your iPhone until the end of the day.