Is iPhone Your Computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by in2tech, Sep 11, 2014.

1. in2tech macrumors regular

It appears that with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus that this is pretty much a done deal for a lot of people. I think this has been true for awhile, but with the new iPhone's, especially the 5.5 iPhone 6 Plus, it sounds like a lot of people are going to sell their iPad Mini's and maybe other devices and the iPhone 6 Plus is going to be their main computing platform.

Am I right? Do you use your iPhone for everything pretty much? Is it your personal computer?

2. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

No. my MSI laptop will still remain my main platform for gaming and work related stuff.

3. bounce08 macrumors member

No an i phone is a phone my computer is a computer.

i use a sega saturn to power it and a goodmans tv

4. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

My nMP is my main computer. Everything else, including the MBP, is a portable device for consumption and communication, although the MBP gets upgraded to main computer when I'm travelling.

5. applebro macrumors regular

applebro

6. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

I use my phone mostly for the web/data, but I do rely on a high-end PC for my work and gaming.

Have a new custom-build on the way to me right now in fact.

7. kalex macrumors 65816

no. iphone is a smartphone thats it, pretty useless to do any meaningful work on. For me smartphones and tablets are not desktop/laptop replacements

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I consider phones computers so yes. And I would say I have a pretty equal amount of usage for my phone ipad and a desktop.

9. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

Only when I am on the go and my rMBP is not handy...

10. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

I can't do "real work" on my iPhone, screen is too small. That's why I have my iMac, for getting **** done.