Is iPhoto 11 fixed?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gvol21, Mar 21, 2011.

1. gvol21 macrumors newbie

I currently have iPhoto 09 and have tried out Aperture, but that's just a bit too much program for me, so I'm switching back to iPhoto. iPhoto 11 looks like it has some interesting new features, but I've also read extensive reports about how buggy it is. I know that Apple has released subsequent updates to resolve these problems, but has anyone actually tried them out? Does it work nearly as well as '09?

Thanks!

2. russellelly macrumors regular

Performance on my iMac Core 2 Duo is still awful with all the latest updates. Old versions of iPhoto worked perfectly.

3. gvol21 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, thanks. The full-screen feature in '11 looks very cool, and I thought that the updates might have solved the problems, but it looks like people are still having issues with it....

4. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Is there any easy way to revert back to the old iPhoto?

I have numerous photos to edit, but "11'" seems so cumbersome...

5. tcador macrumors regular

I admit that i'm a VERY light user of iphoto but i haven't had any problems with iPhoto 11 that came on my new MBP. I copied over my old library and it preceded to automatically upgrade to the new format for 11. I have a SSD which probably helps out in the speed department and my library is about 30GB total, if that helps.

6. Ger macrumors newbie

For me the big problem with iPhoto 11 is the duplication of photos when opening in an external editor. AFAIK, this has never been addressed by Apple.