Is iSale worth it? Looking for easy way to sell stuff on eBay...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wangchunggti337, Mar 5, 2009.

1. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I'm not very good at eBay, haven't really used it recently, but I know the last time I did it required html code to make a cool auction. I have a bunch of stuff to sell and was hoping to do it without having to spend too much time on it.

I heard of iSale a long time ago and it seemed like a cool program. I was checking it out today and looks like its been advanced quite a bit. Any word on this? Or can I get by just fine without a program?

2. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I used a trial of it a few months back. I thought it made the listing look nice, but I wasn't too impressed overall. I especially had a difficult time putting up decent sized pictures of the item I was selling. The template was also difficult to customize. That's about all I can remember, sorry. Basically, I tried it on one listing, didn't like it, and haven't used it since.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Look into "Garage Sale" -- my husband uses that tl list.

4. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

I stopped using eBay about a year ago, but I found Garage Sale to be much better than iSale at that time..
    But like i said, haven't used either for over a year, so would be best to try them both out...

5. danb77 macrumors 6502

I have used ebay's TurboLister for this. It works very well.

It is freeware from ebay, but sadly Windows only. I use it under VMware, but I expect you could get it to work under DarWine.

I actually found Turbolister better for my needs than the demo of garage sale which I tried.

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I just want to throw in another vote for GarageSale 5 myself. Nice selection of templates and pretty straight forward to use.

7. wangchunggti337 thread starter macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like Garage Sale has a better rapport with forum.

On a different note, any other tactics to sell unwanted items? Seems like eBay gets the best price due to the large audience.

8. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Craigslist will be free to list, but a more limited audience. Better for big, bulky stuff, though.

Otherwise, eBay is probably your only choice.

9. bobriot macrumors member

Garagesale gets my vote, it's not perfect but it makes the job a lot easier than ebay's own listing system. At £25 it was worth the risk and since owning it my listings have been flying out the door...