Is it 2% time again?! Web Mail not working... AGAIN

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by sibruk, Aug 28, 2008.

1. sibruk macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Jeez, at this rate our free trials are going to go on for years!

2. captain kaos macrumors 65816

captain kaos

Yep, but what is the point of 60+ days free if the service is down, or at best slow? (see my tread/rant i placed for my issues!):)

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Even Gmail has occasional outages when they are doing something behind the scenes. It's annoying, but as long as it doesn't last too long, it's to be expected from any email service.

Mine is working right now, is yours back?

4. danny_w macrumors 601

But at least Gmail is free. I can accept that from a free service, but not a paid service like MM (as if that is the only problem with MM).

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

The Exchange server at work has outages every so often, too. All email services do. If it happens when they are doing maintenance, at it's at odd times in the middle of the night or very early morning, I can live with that. You cannot expect email servers to be up and functioning perfectly 100% of the time. No software is that stable.

As for MobileMe's other problems, this topic doesn't have anything to do with those. This was specific to email. If you are using this service only for the email, you wasted your money.

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

While that's true, this is not during the night or scheduled.

If a company plans to take a service offline, it should tell users in advance.

7. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Should being the key word here. No technology is perfect, though.

8. sibruk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just checked webmail again, and yep, it's back. :rolleyes: