Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sibruk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
UK+US
2percenttime.png

Jeez, at this rate our free trials are going to go on for years!

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Even Gmail has occasional outages when they are doing something behind the scenes. It's annoying, but as long as it doesn't last too long, it's to be expected from any email service.

Mine is working right now, is yours back?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Even Gmail has occasional outages when they are doing something behind the scenes. It's annoying, but as long as it doesn't last too long, it's to be expected from any email service.

Mine is working right now, is yours back?
But at least Gmail is free. I can accept that from a free service, but not a paid service like MM (as if that is the only problem with MM).

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
But at least Gmail is free. I can accept that from a free service, but not a paid service like MM (as if that is the only problem with MM).

The Exchange server at work has outages every so often, too. All email services do. If it happens when they are doing maintenance, at it's at odd times in the middle of the night or very early morning, I can live with that. You cannot expect email servers to be up and functioning perfectly 100% of the time. No software is that stable.

As for MobileMe's other problems, this topic doesn't have anything to do with those. This was specific to email. If you are using this service only for the email, you wasted your money.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
The Exchange server at work has outages every so often, too. All email services do. If it happens when they are doing maintenance, at it's at odd times in the middle of the night or very early morning, I can live with that. You cannot expect email servers to be up and functioning perfectly 100% of the time. No software is that stable.

While that's true, this is not during the night or scheduled.

If a company plans to take a service offline, it should tell users in advance.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Daveoc64 said:

While that's true, this is not during the night or scheduled.

If a company plans to take a service offline, it should tell users in advance.

Should being the key word here. No technology is perfect, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.