Is it a good idea to delete iPhone photos after a while

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by WhackyNinja, Dec 9, 2012.

1. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Hey I have an iPhone 5 (32GB) and I have plenty of space left but I was wondering if its a good idea to delete your iPhone photos after they have been stored on iPhoto.

2. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

Leaving them on your phone does nothing other than take up space. I had over 2000 photos on my old 3G and it ran the way it should (slow).

3. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

A couple of times a year, I connect my phone to a computer and save all the pics in a dated folder...just gives me an opportunity to then go through my phone and delete photos I don't normally show off to others or need for work.

Really do this just so I have a back-up of photos and to clean up my phone/save space.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

A "good idea" in what regard? What are you looking to accomplish?

5. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

If you have plenty of space then why worry? Keep the photos on the phone so that you can refer to them for memories. I do recommend that you backup your pics every once in a while so that if something happens to your phone, your pics will be intact.

6. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Way back to the older iPhones and earlier iOS, I used to notice having loads of photos would slow the camera down, IE actually opening the app.... haven't noticed this in quite some time though.

I take a couple of thousand photos a month too. I usually delete the previous 2 month back. So in the next few days I'll delete Octobers photos, if that makes sense!