is it a good thing to insure a computer?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by tbluhp, Jun 23, 2010.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

I bought my computer back in Jan from iOffer.com I don't think I have receipt anymore :( bummer but is it good idea to get it covered like if it broke would it get coverd by anyone i was thinking either Safeware or state farm's.

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

It can be covered under your home owners/renters insurance in case of fire/theft. But you do have 1 year AppleCare warranty already, no receipt needed. Probably the cheapest method would be to purchase the extended 2 year AppleCare as it will more than likely be cheaper than your deductible, if applicable.

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

but shop around for insurance quotes , some charge more to cover a Mac then they do covering a pc even if the pc would be more expensive to replace

4. iGrant macrumors 6502a

For coverage of parts/etc, I been going with SquareTrade for all my electronics and have been really happy with them, just got the hinges on my Macbook Air replaced, it took 5 days total.

Also I think I have custom policy for my computer equipment on my home owners insurance to cover more than the basics, I think I have like 5 for all my computer equipment.

-iGrant