Is it a good time to buy a refurbished macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EriCKY, Jun 6, 2011.

1. EriCKY macrumors member

I don't have the funds to buy a new one so I'm looking to buy a refurbished mbp from april 2010.

Is it a good time to buy this refurbished mac or would it be better to wait for lion or a new mbp update?

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

It's probably as good a time as any. Lion will only be $29 when it is released.

3. AFPoster macrumors 65816

4. modit, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

modit macrumors 6502

It's still a perfect time to go with a refurb 2010 Mac. I got mine back in february and it looks and works like brand new (+ same warranty as a new computer).

If you get a Mac today, you'll get Lion for free when it comes out in July (I'll be paying for my copy...maybe I could get a student discount?). If I was a student, I'd hold off just by a bit for the free iPod touch back to school promotion. You can keep it or sell it to lower your refurb laptop cost by about $200 :D :D :D

The new MBP won't be out until Jan-April 2012 IMHO. I might decide to get one if the update is significant in which I could sell my laptop.

If you get one or go with a different make, let us know :)

5. EriCKY thread starter macrumors member

I'm pretty sure that refurb macs aren't eligible for the back to school program :(

i wish they were. I'm kinda fighting between a april 2010 13' mbp and a oct 2010 mba.

Specs aren't that different, mba just has a 64gb hard drive lol