Is it a good time to buy an itouch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ericuf, Apr 6, 2009.

  1. ericuf macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2009
    #1
    I just bought the 32Gig itouch (2.0), but am somewhat hesitant. I don't want to have bought it and then in a few months there be a newer (bigger) model. What do you think?? Thanks!
     
  2. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

    That-Is-Bull

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2007
    Location:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    #2
    It's overdue for an update and there's an Apple event in two months. I'd take it back and wait.

    Edit: Actually, it might not be overdue. The MacRumors buyer's guide says it is but that's just because it came out in February and the last update was in September, which was a 185-day span. But the other iPods are always updated in September, so I don't know. Regardless, I'd wait.
     
  3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #3
    Wow, you're so wrong.

    iPods are updated in September. There won't be a change to the iPod touch until then.
     
  4. ericuf thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2009
    #4
    Part of me thinks I've waited 2 years, but then again, I'm not very good on patience, so I'll probably get this one and then just try and sell it IF a better one comes out in 5 months. gar :)
     
  5. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

    That-Is-Bull

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2007
    Location:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    #5
    Yeah, you're probably right. I was just going by the buyer's guide, forgot about the yearly September update.
     
  6. Draythor macrumors 6502

    Draythor

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    Location:
    Exeter University, UK
    #6
    The standard advice is:
    If you need it now, keep it.
    If you can wait until September, take it back and wait.
     
  7. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    #7
    I would wait for sure. With all the recent rumors of new things like faster wifi and more features, I would keep saving up from now, in case the 3G costs alot more(which may happen!).
     
  8. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

    RiCEADDiCTBOY

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2007
    #8
    i would buy one now. i have a 1st Gen model and sold it for a decent price and picking up a 2nd Gen model...

    the thing you can always count on with Apple products is relatively high resale value. September is a good distant away...

    I say pick one up and enjoy it. When September roles around and just some features are added - you may feel better that you went ahead and just bought a model that does everything you need it to in the first place.

    On the flipside - if the new model has particular features that catch your eye - just sell it your current model. You should have close to zero problems getting it off your hands.

    I can't live without my iPod touch...so I refuse to wait till September. If I need to upgrade again...which I doubt I will need to...because practically the current iPod touch is having the features that will be "marketed" on the new ipod touch turned on.

    Don't expect a camera and etc...Apple still needs to have particular features seperating the iPhone and iPod Touch. I'm happy using my digital camera taking pictures anyways. :)

    a 64gig model I would say yes to though.
     

Share This Page