Is it about time i bought one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nickb, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Nickb macrumors regular

Hi folks

I havent updated yet, as many i wanted to wait until some of the bugs got fixed and so on - its been about a month now and thinking i should partake in some 3G action - what do people think? have some of the hardware bugs been sorted, and some of the software? or should i wait another month?

its my birthday on tues, so im thinking the 3G would be a nice gift to myself:)

suggestions please
    nick

2. Soreo macrumors regular

Soreo

YES!
    Get it. It's the most revolutionary and useful gadget I have EVER owned. I am probably be a permanent iPhone customer for... as long as possible.

Now, speaking of some of its launch phones, like the light leaks and crappy batteries- I don't really know what to speak of that. There's, I would say, about a 12-20% chance of getting a lemon phone. I can say that I'm extremely lucky to own a phone without any major problems, knock on wood.

Seriously though- the best phone you'll buy.

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Buy it. Don't think twice. Just do it. Make a great gift! :)

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I would say wait for the 2.1 update to come out if your REALLY worried. A lot of the bugs are worked out, but a lot of people are still reporting some lagging. I have not experienced that so it seems to depend from phone to phone. Either way, these bugs will be worked out, and the 2.0.1 update fixed the worst of the problems (the crashings when opening programs; for me atleast). Happy early birthday mate, it might make a better belated gift for yourself, but that ones up to you, I waited in line opening day for mine. :)

5. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

If you go into the apple store and theres not line i'd say go for it!
    I have my 3G and i love it. My mom has the 2G iPhone, i think the 3G just looks a ton better..plus you cant bet faster internet time.
    Go for it man! :)

6. shinenjk macrumors regular

If you can, wait for a couple months. They will release an updated iPhone very soon (32GB?) with new software (2.1+).

7. Mr. B macrumors regular

as the old advice goes, if you need it, buy it.

if you don't, there will always be something better down the road.

8. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone

think im just going to go get one on tuesday, have put it off long enough now - you could be waiting for ever

you can all sleep well tuesday night knowing im at home on my birthday playing with my new iphone 3G:):):)

Thanks again

9. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

I had been resisting the upgrade bug on this one and it was not hard with the 2.0 being on my "old" iPhone. But, with all the apps in the app store and many of them needing access to the Internet, I decided it was a compelling reason for 3G. I bought my 16gb Black 3G on Friday with barely a 30 minute wait and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!! :D Was able to sell my "old" iPhone for a great price, am literally out tax on the new phone. 16gb, 3G speed, GPS (trivial interest but it's cute)..... Absolutely worthwhile upgrade, especially factoring the good amount 1st gen iPhones have still.

Go for it! ;)

10. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

I've only had my white iPhone for about 2 days now, but, I absolutely love it. Thankfully there were no cracks on the plastic casing (so far), no glass problems, no light leak problems, and the only software glitch I've noticed is that I'm thrown back to the Home screen sometimes while using Safari. My battery life is pretty decent and phone reception seems very good.

So far, I'm very happy with the iPhone 3G!