Is it as easy as switching SIMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bign__17, Sep 22, 2016.

1. bign__17 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, my iPhone 7 arrived today and I am all set up and ready to go with it. I want to pass my 6s down to my daughter who has a 6. Is it as easy as switching out the SIM cards of the devices or do I need to make a trip to Verizon to make sure that the new phone (6s) is activated under her number.

Thanks

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I activated my 7plus on ATT.

Switched sims with another line.

It works. As always.

Just try it and if it doesn't work, plan B.

3. bign__17 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is good to hear, thanks so much!

4. kaielement macrumors 65816

I can tell you with Verizon all you have to do is swap her sim into your old phone done and done

5. bign__17 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is great because Verizon is who I have.

6. kaielement macrumors 65816

No problem

7. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I swapped my sim on ATT. Even when i logged on my account it showed my phone as a 7 plus without calling or going into the store. Easy peasy.

I believe its more of a problem if you go from iPhone to android sometimes.

8. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

It might even be simpler than that. On my at&t phone all I had to do was turn it on, confirm which number that phone is for (already shown on-screen) and the signal moves from the old phone to the new automagically. No physical SIM transfer needed.

9. vanimal macrumors 6502a

They way i did it also with ATT is i used my fiances line for the upgrade. Turned it on and it activated to her number automatically turned off her sim in her 6s plus. I just removed the sim from the 7 plus and put it in her 6s plus, and then took the sim from my 6s plus and put it in the iphone 7 plus. Say that 3 times fast lol.

Cool thing was even though it activated via her line originally. When i swapped the sims it showed online my line had the 7 plus now. No calling customer service needed which was nice.