Is it better to wait for next update of MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by splashnader, Nov 8, 2008.

1. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I have seen a lot of posts on here about the new MBP crashing, having sleep problems, video graphics, LED flickering, and other start up issues which I am sure will be resolved in the next update, probably in April or May of next year. My question is do you think it's better to wait for the updates that will come, or take the plunge now. Also when are the 17 inch MBP going to be released.

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

It is always good to hold off on the first new revision. The "early 2009" revision will be the one I would be interested in buying.

That way Apple has time to work all the current bugs out.

3. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Buy when u need it.

There will always be something better in a few months time.

I personally dont see how you can say sort of out the bugs? what bugs?

I have a perfect 2.8ghz MBP and so glad i brought it now!

4. minijon macrumors member

Oh lord, not another of these threads. Ultimately, if you need a computer, buy it. Unless of course the new ones are immanent. Because then usually you can get the previous model for much cheaper, or get the new model. I think its safe to say that the Rev B Unibodies are not "immanent."

5. kolax macrumors G3

I wouldn't go by posts here as a good judgement of whether to wait until the next revision due to problems or not.

I'm waiting till the next revision though - hoping for a non-glass display and two FireWire ports. Probably won't happen, but I don't need an upgrade right now, so I'm happy to wait and see.

6. firstjudge macrumors newbie

I've been lurking these boards for a while now and there seems to be bugs/issues with every single revision. The previous MBP had issues with yellow screens and faulty hardware, dents, and it was at the end of the its cycle. I have a feeling an equal amount of complains will be on these boards once REV B, C, D... etc ...possibly about all new problems that arise or won't be fixed.

7. splashnader thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Just to clarify

My current MBP is two years old, well almost, bought in early 2007. I was considering purchasing around Christmas time of this year, but just was interested if these problems are hit and miss.

8. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Dont forget more people will post complaining about their MBP then there will be of people of people saying they have a perfect machine.

If you going to buy around xmas then 'maybe' worth holding out, but then again your joining the waiting game then!

9. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

All the people who are having problems bought in October. Most of the problems are fixed if you buy this month!

I bought a 2.8 GHz MBP and it works perfect!

10. blurfonz macrumors regular

If you always wait... Its no ending. Buy what you need now

11. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

+1

12. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

version A

C'mon guys, he OP has a valid question! I've had a lot of old mac hands tell me the first mac commandment was "Thou shalt not buy a version A of a Mac product!".