is it correct that DoD or DoD:S will never be available on OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Macrovertigo, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Macrovertigo macrumors member

Macrovertigo

I just wonder if I am right about DoD or DoD Source never coming to Mac from Steam. From what I read it looks like there is no DoD of either kind on any lists of games to come, but not being much of a gamer I am not sure about what I read or whether I have found definitive info - anyone out there with a more solid opinion? Thanks

2. Tobsterius macrumors newbie

Gabe Newell did a podcast interview just after the Steam for Mac launch. He didn't say anything specific about releasing their older games, but he did say that any game based on the GoldSrc engine would taking longer to port over.

If they do decide to port GoldSrc, that means Half Life (and its expansions), CS:S and DoD can come to the Mac.

3. Macrovertigo thread starter macrumors member

Macrovertigo

thanks for that!

Hi, thanks for your gist from that interview. I get it now, it is perfectly possible and probably likely to happen, but it is not in any current line-up or plan.

4. redking31591 macrumors 6502

The only games that would be affected by a delay in porting over the GoldSrc engine are the original releases. Any game running on the Source engine is basically already ported, meaning Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source are already functional on the mac, just waiting for the release.

5. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I really hope DOD:S comes to Mac! I have it on Crossover Games, and the mouse acceleration/lag makes it very very hard to play.