Is it due for delivery or?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by WillFisher, Aug 28, 2013.

1. WillFisher macrumors 6502

WillFisher

I'm just trying to understand this, I ordered my air on the 22nd.
    Now granted it was Bank Holiday, so I wasn't expecting it until this week/next week.
    The expected delivery date is the 3rd, but it's just apparently been shipped from London, and I live around an hour away from London, so surely that means its coming today/tomorrow? Not the 3rd?
    I want a tracking number!
    See photo. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 13.25.40.png

2. ML321 macrumors newbie

It means that Apple has shipped it and probably sending the billing information to FedEx or UPS. Apple's expected delivery dates are always a bit exaggerated. Once you get a tracking number it will show you an exact shipping date.

3. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

why dont you call Apple and get a tracking number?

4. WillFisher thread starter macrumors 6502

WillFisher

Tried calling and couldn't get one. Seems odd.
    I'll just hope I don't miss it over the next few days!

5. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

it'll arrive when it arrives. Honestly, people like you who obsess about when it will arrive always seem so silly to me.

and then i think back to when i was waiting for my own laptop to arrive and i am forced to stare at the ugly face of my own hypocrisy... pretty sure I called them to get that tracking number before it had even shipped:p

6. WillFisher thread starter macrumors 6502

WillFisher

I am bad, but this time I'm worse! I think its because I have this horrible feeling I'm gonna end up going to uni without it. Even though I don't leave for another 15 days!

7. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i hear you! i bet it will show up on time. good luck!

8. teffers macrumors regular

My favourite part of the whole Apple delivery process is the text they send you, exclaiming: "Today is the Day !"

And ofcourse the day is different from the Apple account tracking 'expected' day, so you've had the nerve to go to work lol.

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

Anticipation

Waiting for an Apple product is an emotional experience for me. Once I submit my order I feel like youngster counting down the days until Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one. There is nothing else like it!

Enjoy!

10. Nepioed macrumors newbie

The wait

I'm also waiting for mine to arrive. Driving my wife crazy by talking about it.

11. Chandler583 macrumors newbie

I feel kind of left out, I selected the "Send me texts" option on the apple website, but I didn't receive any texts.

12. teffers macrumors regular

I only got the one I mentioned above, on the day of delivery ;)

13. WillFisher thread starter macrumors 6502

WillFisher

I really don't understand shipping at all. My Macbook Air has been in London for the last 2 days, and I live down south in Sussex, yet today it got shipped up north near Coventry.
    Really don't understand, but hopefully tomorrow is the day!

14. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

oh no - are you still waiting! Sorry mate :-(
    hopefully it shows up for the weekend!

here in the states Monday is a holiday so at least you won't have that delaying your new toy!

15. Chub macrumors member

I hope I don't have to wait this long, I recently purchased a BTO MBA and it is currently "preparing for dispatch" which hopefully means it will be shipping tomorrow. The estimated delivery date is 3rd of September to the 5th, I just hope I get it on the third as on the fourth I start college.

My friend ordered his MBA on the 23rd and got his today on the 29th infact, one day before the minimum estimated delivery date. Maybe he was just lucky or something, although after reading this thread I don't feel quite so confident about getting this MBA on the 3rd.

Anyway good luck, and I hope you get your MBA tomorrow.

16. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i'm east coast usa, my BTO air got here in about 8 days. Ordered on a saturday morning, stuff started coming in around wednesday, the laptop itself came in the following monday. so really 5 business days. neither bad nor atypical :)

17. WillFisher thread starter macrumors 6502

WillFisher

Thanks man! Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow! This is the longest in 6 years I haven't had a laptop for, it feels so odd!
    True, I've already been over a bank holiday, couldn't deal with another!

I don't think you'll have too, as I said, I stupidly ordered mine on a Thursday afternoon just before a bank holiday weekend, so it was always going to take a while!
    Plus I'm in the UK, our postal services suck! Hah!