Is it enough for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sergi0, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Sergi0 macrumors member

So I'm wondering if the new macbook will be enough for me? I am planning on getting the 1.3 256 Gb version. I currently have a 2014 Macbook air i7 1.7.

I am a 3rd year Finance student, and I mostly use my Macbook Air for Netflix, Youtube, Internet browsing in general. However as a Finance student I do use Excel but nothing majorly heavy with Excel. I do plan on doing some regression analysis in the near future, but nothing "heavy".

Do you think I will notice any performance issues?

I know its a "downgrade" but damn.... My narcism is getting the better of me in this decision.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Based on your intended usage, it will probably be more than enough to meet your needs.

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

see it when it's available. how it feels to use will tell you a lot. but in terms of your needs, seems it would do just fine...

4. Sergi0 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Would I be able to connect it to a bigger monitor and still conduct my daily usages?

5. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes.

7. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

you can get the adapter (support usb, power, and hdmi) and do what you need (there's a vga adapter instead of the hdmi one as well).

8. Sergi0 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you :). It is pricey in general, but I live close to Oregon (tax-free state) and I am a student so avoiding tax and receiving a lousy 50 dollar student discount the expensive macbook price is a little less expensive.

9. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Your 2014 i7 will be perfectly capable of doing what you described and a bit more for several years more. I don't see a reason why you ought to upgrade - unless you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket!