Is it good to buy iphone 4s 16gb this time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mevikram1389, Jun 21, 2014.

1. mevikram1389 macrumors newbie

Hi friends, I am from india. I am planning to buy an apple iphone 4s (Used) in $300. is it right decision to buy this phone or go with any other like Moto G. I have low budget. Please help me its ok to go with apple. I want phone for heavy use like for internet surfing, office work, gaming etc. Please help me to choose b/w iphone 4s 16gb or Moto G.:confused:

2. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I have a 32gb Verizon 4S that is still on 7.0.6 (can be jailbroken)....interested?

3. mevikram1389 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am asking for suggestion. Is it good to buy iphone 4s this time in 2014

4. Ffosse macrumors 65816

Well, it's a 3-year-old device. I would get the Moto G personally, even if just for the latest Android version and a phone with a new battery.

5. mevikram1389 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is moto G better then Iphone 4s?

6. Ffosse macrumors 65816

Unless you really want an iPhone (and can only get the 4s) I'd suggest the Moto G as you get Kit-Kat and a phone with a new battery.

I couldn't really say whether iOS is better than Android or not - I enjoy both, but I would say a Moto G would be a wiser purchase than a 4S.

7. JackieInCo macrumors 603

I sold a 16GB unlocked 4S for $300 last December to a guy who was taking it back to India.

4S is a good phone but there are better phones now with LTE for the same price.

8. mevikram1389 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your suggestion. Actually i want an iphone. But my budget is not too much high. Its for second hand Iphone 4s or Moto G(new).

----------

Thanks, But now i am in india then how i can purchase it from USA?

9. g35 macrumors 6502a

An iPhone 4S at $300 USD is too much. I don't know the market conditions in India but in the USA it should be more like $200 or less for a 16 GB model. An iPhone 5 can be bought used for $250-350. If unlocked it should cost about $50 more.

Rather than spending $300 USD on a used 4S you should instead get a new Moto G in my opinion. They are around $150 USD, not sure about in India though

10. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

like everyone else said the moto g is newer and will keep getting android updates for a good while. the 4s will only get support for iOS8 and then apple will likely cut it off from new software updates.
    Also wait until the 26 when google should unvail the next version of android and you can decide if you like that or iOS more.

11. mevikram1389 thread starter macrumors newbie

Moto G is in india at $234 & iphone 4s(Used) is at $280. Now what you think.

----------

Thanks for suggestion

12. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

The 4S was a good phone, and still is on iOS6 but most have been updated to iOS7 now. They feel their age on the new o/s so I would be tempted to get a brand new Moto G. It will perform better, have a new battery and importantly, a warranty.

13. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Wait a little longer, save a little more money, and get a 5c that will last you for years. You can wait a month or two. You can save a little more.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Too old and too expensive.
    Not worth it.
    Use the money on an iPhone 5 or 5C.

15. mevikram1389 thread starter macrumors newbie

What is 2 year contract in iphone 4s.

Hello every one, I have a iphone, when i check its imei no. on "http://iunlocker.net/check_imei.php" Its show details about iphone. here it show Contract Until 17.08.2014. What is this? please help me. Is my phone stop working after this date. please give me your suggestion I am going to buy iphone .

16. EdwardC macrumors regular

EdwardC

I have both a 4S and Moto G and there is really no comparison the Moto G is a way better device for day to day use, the iPhone 4S is a work of art and is extremely well made and a pleasure to look at but when it comes down actual use the display and speed of the Moto G trump the design of the iPhone!

17. Last iOS 5 user macrumors member

If the 4S runs anything past iOS 6, it'll be slower. iOS 8 is the last OS for the 4S and also the most performance-decreasing.

18. iOSaddict macrumors regular

If you can afford it go for the 5 or 5c. Otherwise I'd get the moto G. The best phone is the one that doesn't break your bank account. :D

19. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

No, it's a turd on IOS 7 and won't run IOS 8.

20. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I wouldn't. It's only capable of 3G. Don't you want LTE? Can you somehow afford a 5 or 5S. $300 is a lot IMO. I'm selling my 4S to a friend in another country for $200. It's a Sprint phone, unlocked for international use only.

21. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

$300 is too much for a used iPhone 4s in the US but that's only because there's plenty of supply of used iPhones here. In other countries, that's the going rate and not everyone has access to friends or family in the US who are either selling or giving away their old iPhones.

As mentioned though, unless you really must have an iPhone, newer Android phones with better hardware and longer expected software support such as the Moto G exist. Personally, between the iPhone 4s and the Moto G, I'd go with the Moto G.

22. mevikram1389 thread starter macrumors newbie