Is it healthy...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJAznSensation, Apr 7, 2008.

1. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

:apple: I just recently bought a base model MacBook Pro (penryn) and I was just wondering when I close the lid of the laptop and put the machine to sleep, is it bad that I would put it in my InCase sleeve and move it/carry it around?

Also when the laptop is off and still in the InCase sleeve, I usually have it in my book bag and have it placed when not on my back in a standing position (meaning the MBP is on its side).... is that something I shouldn't be doing if I want my Pro to last?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Apart from going through xrays (and when it was repaired) my Powerbook hasn't been switched off, for longer than 2 hours, for nearly 4 years.

3. atluten macrumors 6502

Both things are fine, I have been doing the same things to my laptop, Powerbook, for almost 4 years and everything is still good. Cheers.

4. spooky mulder macrumors regular

no, i wouldn't think so. It stops the hard drive when it goes to sleep or encounters sudden motion, so i can't really see any damage, as for ur other question i really can't say. :apple:

5. timj08 macrumors newbie

Ya I been doing the same thing since I got mine and it seems to be fine.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

A laptop is meant to be carried, I don't see how carrying it in a case without dropping it could damage it apart from cosmetic scratches.

7. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

That is exactly what it's made for. I carry mine around constantly. I've also carried around PowerBooks and Windows notebooks over the years with no problems. Just don't drop it.

8. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Better to carry it in a case than without one.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The "Genius" at the store says the computer fans might kick in while it's in the bag, but I don't see how that's possible considering the computer will get cooler when you sleep it.

And my friend have computers they haven't restarted since the 5.2 updates.