is it itunes or is it my airport express?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steve knight, Oct 24, 2009.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I have a time capsule and a airport express that has jointed that wireless network. we only use the airport express to pump music to the stereo.
    well if itunes is up in either of our mac mini's (all newest software versions) on a 09 mini and the computer goes to sleep itunes can't connect to the airport express. on my wife's mini it will not show any speaker choice. on mine it will show the express but it won't connect.
    I thought if I turned off airport and closed itunes and then started them both up it would connect but it won't. unplugging the airport express and when it is going again itunes still won't play through it. the only thing that works is to reboot the mac.
    tonight I reset the airport express and re set it up and itunes showed the changes but it still would not connect. so it is making me think it is itunes.
    any idea's on this?
    I tried to go through apple.com but the site won't register the express. it just won't except the serial number or if I go and try to register it nothing happens. so not sure how to contact apple about the problem.

2. amblue macrumors newbie

Make sure this box is checked:

System Preferences > Hardware > Energy Saver > Check the box for "Wake for network access". This should allow access to itunes when your computer goes to sleep. You may have to reselect the airport express speaker option to stream music again. For some reason with Snow Leopard when your computer goes to sleep airport express needs to be selected again in iTunes.

3. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

that's been checked all along. I can live with choosing the speakers again. but having to reboot is a real pain closing itunes down is not that big of a deal but still a hassle.