Is it just me.. odd , Napster banner???

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Is it just me, or does the "hip hop" napster banner look like it is flipping us off?

Not a Napster fan anymore ( I loved the first version :) ), I don't pay for music I can't keep... Period..

But back on topic..

Is it just me.. or is the napster ad flipping everyone off?!?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Not sure which ad your referring to (I know you mentioned Napster, but I don't remember seeing it). Perhaps someone could post a screenshot of it?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
OK I just saw it. No, it is not flipping us off. If you look closley you can see that he is sticking out his middle finger and pointer finger. You can see the pointer finger's nail in the face, which is the same color as the hand, thus it blends in and the finger gets lost giving an illusion that you saw.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
840quadra said:

I see what you are talking about now..

Yeah.. that is stupid, why didn't they outline the finger better?
Well I noticed the other finger fast. Plus there is a ring on the finger that sorta signifies a finger. But that's just me.

But yea having an outline on the finger would have had it pop out more as another finger.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
tech4all said:
Well I noticed the other finger fast. Plus there is a ring on the finger that sorta signifies a finger. But that's just me.

But yea having an outline on the finger would have had it pop out more as another finger.

Well I did know the Ring was on a finger, it just looked to me like that finger was bent, with the ring blinging next to an extended middle finger..

But I stand corrected..

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
liketom said:
sorry who are napster ?? o i remember they used to be a p2p client for downloading iffy Mp3's ..... nice
LOL.. and we get to thank Metallica for helping them shut down. Old Napster was awesome!! I actually bought MORE CD's after listening to tracks on Napster, then I would have, wihtout the free file shares.

I sold, and no longer buy Metallica.. I am However happy that the Apple Music store started up because of the awareness of having to buy music you download online..

I am a happy applestore customer :)

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
wordmunger said:
What *is* up with all these Napster ads? Don't they realize this is a Mac site? Did they forget that their service doesn't WORK on Macs?
Napster probably doesn't have much say in where the ads are displayed. Blame it on whoever is serving the ads.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
840quadra said:

I see what you are talking about now..

Yeah.. that is stupid, why didn't they outline the finger better?
nope this one.

sorry my BSD web server was down for a day (actually DSL was) so you didn't see the picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.