Is it just me or are apps adding themselves to glances?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by robaroo, May 1, 2015.

1. robaroo macrumors regular

It seems like new apps are popping up in my glances even though I never added them there in the first place. Yesterday I had 5 glances. Today I have 8. I haven't installed any new apps. What's even MORE weird is that an app I had uninstalled from my watch is now BACK on my watch AND also in glances. That's annoying. Bug?

2. co.ag.2005, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015

co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

Is this turned on? I know you said you didn't install any apps...

Or, maybe you've had app updates and they made apps you already installed become watch enabled? so they auto installed on your watch?

Attached Files:

3. robaroo thread starter macrumors regular

Automatically download apps is on. And that might explain why one app appeared in glances. But the other (iCam) was already installed when I first configured the watch. I went in and uninstalled it about three days ago because the app is useless on the watch. I guess it might have had an update since then and reinstalled on the watch but shouldn't it be blocked from reinstalling on the watch if I had previously manually removed it? Seems like a scenario that Apple might not have fully considered. There should be a setting in the watch app screen for "Don't install updates" or something like that.

4. usarioclave macrumors 65816

I found Instagram and Evernote had somehow installed themselves on my watch, not sure how. My wife and I share an account, maybe they auto-install when they update?

5. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I've found if an app updated on my phone and includes a watch app it would install the app on my watch (even if I have automatic downloads turned off).

6. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I have this issue too. I have automatic downloads off and any app updates that include a watch still push the app to my phone. This has to be a bug...