Is it just me or does everything looks worse in Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DAAAAAAAVE, Aug 28, 2009.

1. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

Even after calibrating my screen, any thing involving graphics (like peggle which i love) has all little pixelated crackles through it. Plus i think the little red, orange and green buttons in the top left looked better in Leopard because they werent as crazy bright. Probably just me being a whinger but still

2. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

Snow Leopard uses a default gamma of 2.2 instead of 1.8. Could be it, depending on your previous gamma setting?

3. tongteh macrumors 6502

i am not sure if it's my macbook or snow leopard really.. but right now everytime i open up Adium and Skype it would take up to 2mins to load up either one.. :( anyone experiencing the same?

4. DAAAAAAAVE thread starter macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

na tried both gamma settings. It doesn't look bad, just not as good as leopard. I don't know what it is. Everything is just a little off

5. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

Could be a video driver issue for the crackles... Screenshot?

As for the window lights, it may be GUI tweaks related perhaps. It is the same for all apps, or third party apps? Difficult to say really...

6. DAAAAAAAVE thread starter macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

can you see it around the end of the arrow. It doesnt really look the same when it isnt moving but it is a bit distracting. I think im just nit picking but still, it wasnt an issue in leopard

Attached Files:

• iu.jpg
      iu.jpg
      File size:
      625.2 KB
      Views:
  7. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

That particular issue would be driver related and more than likely will be resolved in an update, especially if you provide feedback to Apple :)

8. zerolight macrumors 6502

zerolight

I was thinking that everything looks better. There's a vibrancy to the look, something I always considered THE Apple look, which was there with Tiger but gone with Leopard, that is now back. No crackles or image problems at all for me, just a nice Candy glow to the GUI.

9. infamousD macrumors newbie

Everything is brighter in Snow Leopard (UI elements, icons, wallpapers). It's strange that I feel like all Apple wallpapers are washed out, even if they shouldn't be, because they include the ICC profile. Maybe it's just a feeling, because everything srrounding is noticably brighter. I don't have another Mac with Leopard to compare.

I'm using my own custom hardware calibrated/created profile (gamma 2.2 calibrated) and everything is indeed brighter -- except color managed pictures, of course.

10. mikesjo macrumors regular

All the buttons looked washed out and same with the grey menu bars. I haven't re-calibrated yet. Using a spyder 2.