Is it just me or.. [Does iPhone 5 / iOS7 look more appealing without case?]

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JoEw, Jun 16, 2013.

1. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Does the iPhone 5 with iOS7 look incredibly more visually appealing without a case now? Perhaps that is just an opinion I have, but with Jonathan Ive, it makes sense it would design the new OS around the hardware appearance right?

One thing is for sure, I am seriously considering not having a case on my iPhone 5 now.

Thoughts?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Why would a case make a difference in the way the OS looks?//

3. Digital Dude macrumors 6502

Digital Dude

Arizona where freedom still means something
    Visually appealing is a big deal with Apple but I would never go without some sort of drop protection. Still, you're right in that the new OS looks 'pretty' on the white iPhone. Maybe this is something to consider.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HB599ZM/A/uncommon-deflector-case-for-iphone-5?fnode=47

4. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I have always refused to put a case on a iPhone. Its too beautiful

5. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

I agree. iOS7 seems to compliment the iPhone 5 in a way that completes the package. I'm sure that was part of Ive's goal. I've gone without a case for a while now since most of them just bulk things up and ruin its intended design, and iOS7 makes it even harder to go back now!

6. Digital Dude macrumors 6502

Digital Dude

I don't much care for a case either but I've always believed there's only two kinds of phones. One that you'll drop, and one that you'll drop again. :D

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Handling the iPhone is an acquired skill. The original iPhone flew out of my hand once or twice as I was getting used to it. Never happened again.

I don't believe the nonsense in the OP. It's always looked better without a case.

8. Digital Dude macrumors 6502

Digital Dude

Okay, I was hoping I wouldn’t have to go into a lot of detail but here’s the deal. Those tiny little slits in your car tires are what grip the road when it’s wet. Your fingerprints work in the same way. So, when your hands become oily during the day, or you’re just getting older like me whereby the fingerprints actually fade, you have much less grip. The whole thing about ‘acquired skill’ has little to do with it, although I agree some of us are clumsier than others’. :rolleyes:

9. JoEw thread starter macrumors 65816

JoEw

I simply mean the appearance far out weights the protection factor for my taste, in part because of IOS7. How is that nonsense?

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Perhaps for you, but it has always looked more visually appealing without a case regardless of the iOS.

11. danahn17 macrumors 6502

In other words, Digital Dude... you're holding it wrong :p ;)
    (sorry just had to be said and done)

12. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

They've always looked good naked, from when it was trendy to have curves up to the supermodel skinny ones of today. :cool:

13. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

14. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I have had neither of these. And no, I don't keep my iPhone 5 in case either.

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Don't think it should make a difference.

16. Romey-Rome macrumors regular

17. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

A case is used to protect a phone from any potential damages.
    Changing the OS does not affect how durable the phone is against damages.
    So how does a huge change in OS affect case usage???

For me, I had a case solely because I wanted to have a firm grip on my iPhone. I opted for a thin case (Switcheasy Tones) that is both thin and complements the two tone texture of the iPhone 5.

18. Weiser878 macrumors regular

I carry my iPhone 5 without a case, except for the occasions when I put it in a wallet case, and its white. With iOS7 installed, I've had numerous people ask me if it was "the new iPhone" even though they have the same model. It does change the looks a good bit.

When I had it jailbroken, I had people comment on that, but not to this degree.

19. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Exactly. Even a clear case adds unnecessary bulk to it. I love my white 4S and have a front and back screen protector on it. That's all.

20. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I think the OP meant the looks and not the durability of the phone! And I tend to agree.

21. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

iPhone 5 with any case looks ugly. iOS 7 is a very light weight OS, it needs a light weight phone.

22. TC25 macrumors 68020

It's just you. The things people will think up just to start a thread.:confused:

23. JoEw thread starter macrumors 65816

JoEw

stay off the thread then.

or you know get a life.

24. TC25, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

TC25 macrumors 68020

Deleted

25. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I can kinda see where you're coming from as I sometimes get the same..!! I always have a case on my iPhone (had one one on my 3G, iPhone 4 and now my iPhone 5) however, every time a new iOS is released, I want to take the case off and use the phone in its purest form...!!!:rolleyes: