Is it just me, or does Netflix watch now totally suck!?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ghall, Jun 9, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So, I was trying out Netflix's new Watch Now feature, and the quality is crap. There's a lot of green pixels randomly coming up all over the place, it's very distracting. That, and the video resolution is garbage. I understand that it can't be in HD, because 1 it really doesn't matter on a computer screen, and 2 because of loading times, but they should use a better codec or something.

They also have a crappy selection. I'm sure it will grow as time goes on, but right now it's pretty small. I think they said it's like 2,000 movies and tv episodes, which is a pretty small amount when you think about it.

At first I was upset that this was a Windows-only thing, but now I really don't care. I'd have expected better from Netflix.

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I wish I knew. I don't have a Windows install, so I can't even test it. :mad:

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Huh? A computer screen reveals every imperfection in a video's image quality. Anything less than DVD quality stands out like a sore thumb.

4. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Funny, works great for me. And Mac compatibility should be coming soon, since Netflix is switching to Microsoft Silverlight, which is cross platform. They also expect HD video coming soon!