Is it just me or does Siri not know what "five minutes" means...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lionheartednyhc, Nov 4, 2011.

1. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

This happens 100% of the time. Does anyone else have this problem?

I ask siri to set a timer for 5 minutes. She sets one for 10. Even after restoring..same issue.

[​IMG]

2. Sphynx macrumors newbie

Wow. It does the same exec thing for me, though Siri sets it for 15 instead of 10...wtf is going on? lol. Maybe its due to the outage today? Something got messed up...

I really don't know.

EDIT: I can set a timer to 15 mins. Then open siri again and set one for 5 minutes, she then tells me Ive got one running, and asks if i want to keep the current timer, or if I want to change it. When I change tithe timer is set for the correct time of 5 minutes.

EDIT 2: Now its working...odd. Occasionally it will set it for 5 minutes. Maybe you just have to annunciate it more than usual.

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I had the same issue, all i said was "clear timer" and Siri cleared the timer, and i asked for 5 minutes, Siri then got it right.

5. michacle macrumors newbie

6. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Weird. I've had this issue since I bought the phone on launch day. Must be a weird bug?

7. Beauborg macrumors newbie

When you say "can you set up timer for five minutes" Siri simply displays the timer without starting it. It's exactly the same as saying "can you set up timer." If you had previously set a timer for 10 minutes then that is what timer will show.

But if you say "set up timer for X minutes" then Siri will actually start timer running for that number of minutes.

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Siri knows you procrastinate... :)