Is it just me or does the gold look better on the iPhone 6 than the 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Sep 16, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I've heard that from multiple people. I don't see it but I might be the only one..

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

yes I just noticed in a couple vids.

The Gold looks Champagne!!

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I agree. The Gold looks really nice. Apple upgraded the gold design from the version 1.0 gold which is not as attractive.

6. Sergi0 macrumors member

I bought the Gold iPhone 6 Plus just to be different. I figured, everybody is going the have the iPhones, but almost nobody will have the gold (at least I assume). To this date, I have rarely seen a gold iPhone 5s in the wild.

I'm a little scared that it'll look awkward. White antenna lines with gold? Ehh... maybe it looks better in person.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

^ I think you'll soon find out the white antenna lines on gold looks good and classy

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I've never thought the 5s looked orange, so I hope it turns out the same. If look like I'm carrying a gold slab, I'll be disappointed.

9. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Absolutely love my gold 5S but when I saw the new 6 I just couldn't get over those white lines on the back. in my opinion the best looking color of the new 6 and 6+ is the space gray.

10. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Really? I'm in an Acappella group at my college, we have 16 members, 14 iPhone users, and 5 of us have the 5S... Four of us have gold, one has space Gray.

11. Sergi0 macrumors member

Damn, 25 percent ratio with Gold iPhones. Just out of curiosity, any similarities in personalities that you notice between the Gold owners? I'm trying to see what kind of people buy the Gold iPhone and why. From the little data that I have gathered this week, it's to try something different, but idk about the common personality traits since it's hard to gather online. I'm assuming early adopters, or the need to be different.

12. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

So it isn't just me then. I too love the way the gold looks and the bands don't bother me at all since the front is white it all kind of meshes it looks gorgeous IMO.

13. nin7474 macrumors 6502

I Agree!:D

14. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Even though I purchased the iPhone 6+ gold, I still like the look of the iPhone 5s gold more.

I like the bottom bar style better. I hope in person it looks better.

15. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Gold 5S looked beautiful, it's the combination with the glass that makes it so attractive.

Not a fan of the 6 Gold.

16. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Just you. It looked far better on the 5s with the chamfered edge giving the gold a jewelry-like finish, and the white glass panels giving it a classy understated look.

The gold on the 6 looks horrible.

17. Hazyb71 macrumors member

It's not just you. The gold looks bolder and the white seams compliment it extremely well!

18. nerdAFK macrumors regular

nerdAFK

It does look nice.
    Much nicer than those on Apple website.

19. illutionz macrumors 65816

I think it's the other way around. I liked the 5S Gold because of the white band on top which makes it sleek. The all gold design with ugly spiderweb at the back turned me off

20. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I mean, we are all amazing singers! :p. But besides that, I got mine first, and everybody else that got theirs in the months to follow got gold because that's what I had and they liked it.

21. Nikomanz macrumors regular

Nikomanz

I bought a Gold iPhone 6 just because it was the only one being delivered on Friday when I ordered.

I assume it's because there's lower demand for the gold color? Or they might just have had bigger supplies.