Is It Just Me Or Does The iPhone 6+ Sound...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arftech, Oct 13, 2014.

1. arftech macrumors regular

arftech

pretty damn good when playing music! To get my library to fit on my phone (128 gig model) I had my all albums down converted to 256 kbps but the DAC in the phone sound sweet and warm but not harsh. Anybody know what DAC they have installed? Hopefully, the future incarnation (sp) of the iPhone will have the ability to play high resolution audio files and maybe iTunes could be upgraded for HRA too. Introducing a 256 gig model would be nice for people like me who like to have their media on one portable device.;)

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I didn't notice too much of a difference from my iPhone 5s and according to iFixIt/Chipworks I was correct; the 6 Plus uses the same DAC. Which phone did you use before the 6?

3. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

This is my first iPhone and I'm coming from a BlackBerry Storm. It's been a long and miserable relationship with the Storm as I've been waiting a long time for Apple to release a large screen phone!

In the past, I've used iPods and Touches as my portable media vault but I don't remember them sounding as good as this.

4. TheDoubler55 macrumors 6502

TheDoubler55

5. Bomb617 macrumors member

Anyone compare the iPhone 6+ to iPod classic, to me, the classic is still sounds the best when I convert some of my music to lostless format...

6. cornerexit macrumors regular

I tried 256 MP3's and had to go to Apple Losless to get the sound quality I expect. I can easily tell the difference between the two.

7. Bomb617 macrumors member

So you also agrees that the iPod classic sounds better?