Is it just me or had COD turned into Halo!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Nov 26, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

COD MW2 is horrible, everyone camps, theres no teamwork, you walk anywhere and your picked off! Anyone agree?

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Have you ever considered the fact that you are just bad at the game, practice makes perfect and if you dont like the game, why play it

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Normally, I'm good at FPS. And, I'm actually good at this game too. I charge in with my UMP with Red-Dot scope, and get like 3-5 kills.

I normally finish a match with more than 15 kills, and around 11-13 deaths.

4. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

One good thing about campers is that they're predictable, just creep up behind them or throw a grenade, simples!

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Maybe the people you play with have read your MacRumors threads and fragged you. :D

6. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Maybe!

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    15 kills and 11-13 deaths is NOT good. Sorry, but come talk when you have 38 kills and 1 death, and you aren't camping. I've done that or nearly that in every COD game since COD2. And that's using a controller on console, not mouse/keyboard on a PC. In fact, the one time I went 38 and 1, my team lost. Somehow the other 3 accounted for 50 deaths and couldn't get 12 kills. Infuriating.

8. No1451 macrumors 6502

A ratio over 1:1 is pulling your weight, if someone has a 3+ spread I don't have any issue with playing with them, no need to disparage someone for not being as good as you.

9. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Too bad for you, I consider myself good if I leave 95% of my games with a positive K/D ratio. I even expressed that I charge in, and kill people, which means I don't camp. If I camp (I've tried, see what's so special about it, I get like 5 kills in a game). I play on a 360. In fact, the only FPS game I have for PC is Half Life 2. And there's been plenty of times where the only person with a positive Kill/Death ratio on my team is me, and my team won.....

10. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I personally hate COD my brother (who is 14) loves it and today I was watching him play, while I was waiting to play some DJ Hero with my cousin, he went 75 and 20, I was sh**ing myself, it was absolutely insane he got a nuke in 4 back to back games as well. While it was a stunning display of individual skill, the problem was he was playing headquarters and never tried to help the team capture the headquarters. This has become the common mentality in COD which is why I can't stand it, if you are going to play in a game mode designed for team play, play as a team and work toward a common goal. When I asked him why he doesn't play team deathmatch, he said because he can't get enough kills, and because some people are so much better than others, no one can get enough kills, so playing headquarters you can have unlimited kills and get an insane amount of points.

Well now my rant is over, and that is why I personally can't stand COD.

11. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Playing on a Console is a lot easier. I've seen people play, and it's much easier than on a PC. On a PC, people are actually competing, they aren't so much playing for fun anymore.

In scrims, against the best CoD4 players, I usually end with a postivie ratio with a sniper rifle- no secondary weapon.

I personally dislike Modern Warfare II. CoD4 was by itself, the MWII graphics look terrible to me. Too fake.

12. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Yep, it is.

Congrats?

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

who cares what his k/d ratio is....heck mines a meager 0.44

what i got from your post is you spend all your spare time playing video games

good for you??

14. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

If you can, get to a PS3 and try BF Bad Company 2. A little bit more team work then COD MW2.

15. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

NO... get it right! It's not Halo until people start calling glitches, easter eggs.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That game is also out on the 360. Given the OP compared COD to Halo I'd imagine he has an Xbox ;).

17. takao macrumors 68040

takao

if your team lost you aren't exactly playing good either.. in fact quite the opposite

i rather have a negative ratio and win the game with scoring that final flag/capturing the last point

18. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I find the guns more Halo-like but thats it. I find the game fun and unbelieveably addicting.

For example, I'm supposed to be writing a debate right now. Guess what I'm about to play? :)

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

haha i call glitches all the time

maybe its cuz i suck

20. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

It's a game, I just play it for fun. I don't think it's like Halo at all really. It's very action packed which makes it good.

21. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

That's why I play with guys I know, so we actually try and win, instead of do the random **** that the 12-13 years olds are doing.