iPad Is it just me or has ios update slowed down my ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by liquorice, Oct 19, 2013.

1. liquorice macrumors regular

liquorice

Where it used bt be fairly nifty, it now takes an age for things to open up and finger controls on screen very slow as well ?

2. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

It will be choppy - 7 isn't really meant for anything less than an A6 chip and with your 2, and my Mini, we are using A5's.

Apps lag like crazy for me at times now and generally the experience is 'slower'. Just a slight nudge to upgrade if you want the silky smoothness back - my 5S runs iOS 7 like a dream compared to my iPad.

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

You really shouldn't be using an iPad 2 anymore. It's old and not recommended for those who really care passionately about the best mobile experience.

4. Internaut macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 is mostly fine on the 2 and the Mini, though I notice performance issues and crashes with one of the web pages I regularly visit. My recommendation? Regular four finger salute, and close down any apps you don't need at the moment.

5. phoenix78 macrumors member

ios7 itself is excruciatingly slow on ipad2. noticed in the ui.

I dont mind too much as i will be getting the new mini, and passing off my ipad2 to my parents.

Apps:
    the apps my parents use work fine though. these are just some internet tv streaming, web browsing, and some news apps.

The apps that i use (non-gaming) worked perfectly fine and smooth on ios6. But on ios7, those updated apps have slowed to a crawl. I think the developers may have added some different features to those apps to make them do 'more stuff' in the background (some have new features added, not merely a port).

The best i can do is mail the developers and give feedback whenever performance drops too much.

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

It is a tad slow here and there, but not something i cant live with.

My only major problem is that the new keyboard lags behind sometimes, giving wrong keystrokes. Funny, apps that still use the iOS6 one dont lag, so it is the keyboard itself and not the system.

7. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

Why not? I'm using my iPad 2 on iOS 7 and it's fine for me.

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Me too. Where does it say I should nene using it anymore? Apples website somewhere? I didn't see that. Seems to be a current model still. Hmmmm....:rolleyes:

C'mon.

9. thunderstorm macrumors regular

I'm finding it's slowed right down, too, but I'll be getting a new'un soon, so I can deal with it :p

10. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Keeping ioS6 on my iPad 3 for as long as possible. With iOS6 its snappy, with iOS7 it lags and stutters.

11. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

It is ipad2 which is slow first place, I wouldn't upgrade to iOS7 with it.

12. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Really?

My ipad 1 works great.

So does my Daughters.
    And my son's.
    And my Grandaughter's.

Geez.

I guess you would not approve of my 5 year old Camry either.