Is it just me, or is my rMB a dud?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kylera, Sep 27, 2016.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

I received a brand-new 2016 rMB earlier today, and as I was setting it up, I noticed how I kept on getting my password wrong for my Apple ID. Somehow I managed to get it right after a couple tries, and I opened up Notes to see whether there was a keyboard issue.

I noticed that I have to press the left shift key in a certain manner - more specifically, I need to press the key as close to the center as possible. Pressing it down at the left or right did not activate it when I tried to type an uppercase letter. However, the right shift key seemingly works as intended; I can press the left or right side of the key, or the center, and I get all the capital letters I want.

Did I receive a defective unit?

2. apb87 macrumors member

I haven't noticed that issue on mine, so you might try stopping by and letting them look at it, or replace.

3. WickedPorter macrumors regular

WickedPorter

I can hit mine all over (left, center, right) even at very light pressure and it works fine. Apple will make it right, typically very quickly. I'd stop by an Apple Store (make an appointment) and have them take a look.

4. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

Don't let them give you a refurb replacement. Be sure and get a brand new one!