Is it just me... or would the 80GB have been nice on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPadPublisher, Jun 13, 2010.

1. iPadPublisher macrumors 6502

I remember seeing a leaked photo of one prototype that said 80GB for storage on the back. I realize that's a pretty random number, but someone else came back and mentioned that Intel (for whatever reason) sells some memory modules that are 40GB, so I suppose it IS possible.

Perhaps 64GB would have been just as cool. I'm just thinking that with a better camera, apps using higher-res images, and HD video recording, that 32GB will be a lot easier to stuff than it has been with the 3GS. I'm not camera crazy myself, but just with the heftier apps I think 32GB may seem inadequate to some. I'd have paid more for 64GB, but hey. And of course 80GB would have been cool, just because its 16 more than 64 :)

Anyone else in this boat?

2. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I'm in the boat the bigger the better,BUT imsure it would have introduced a higher price point that might not made it worth it to most.

3. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

The more the better. You can never have too much storage.

4. iPadPublisher thread starter macrumors 6502

It could be the ultimate bait and switch, just in time for Christmas! Apple gets us all settled into our new phones over the summer and fall, then debuts the 64GB model for us space hogs. You know enough people would probably swallow it up and do it. :)

5. mac jones macrumors 68040

I think they narrow it to two versions, and their research told them this was the sweet spot.

Otherwise HOT DAMN :D

6. CJayC macrumors 6502

In what the hell circumstances would more storage space be worse?

7. Built macrumors 68020

Definitely...I could REALLY use a 128GB iPhone. :)

8. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Yeah, and I even know a few people that 128GB (or even 256GB!) isn't enough.

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

These sizes can easily be made for thin devices such as the iPhone... but the problem is these chip sizes cost a ton to make still. It wouldn't be worth it to the consumer to pay so much.