Is it just me that can't download iOS updates?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DiScO197, Mar 9, 2012.

1. DiScO197 macrumors regular

I mean, has Apple sold that many iOS devices that the load on their servers has come to this?

I've been trying since the release of 5.1 but have yet been able to update any of my devices. I'm waiting to update 2 iPads and 2 iPhones but they're all just hanging with an eventual time out message.

Tried from iTunes and from the devices software update but no go. It's pretty poor considering they should know the numbers.

On the other hand, I managed to order a new iPad from my 4s with the Apple shop app without a hitch! Mmmmm :)

2. needthephone macrumors 6502a

Me too, I did it ok for my iPhone but get same error message for my iPad. If you google it seems lots of people having this issue. I suppose millions of updates we will have to be patient. Tried cloud update and plugging into iTunes as well.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Strange. I updated an ipad2 to 5.1 OTA three or four hours ago with no problem. Updated my 4S yesterday also no issue.

4. DiScO197 thread starter macrumors regular

Seems to be a mixed response. I've never had a problem updating till now. I think they're a bit in over their heads! Why else would this happen? I'm connected at a better rate than my last place but its all just hanging.

I've learnt not to get that bothered though :)